Friday, May 24, 2013

DELICIOUS RECIPES...

 TURKISH PASTRY
2 potatoes, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup of peas
filo sheets (I made mine from gluten free pastry sheet)
Chicken breast
2Tbs milk
1 egg
Black pepper and salt
Sesame seeds

Get the vegetables ready, dice them up nicely so its easy to boil.


Boil the chicken in a pot and in a different pot boil the veges (I added the peas later on as they dont take longer).
When the chicken is boiled shredded it. My trick is with forks... I am not good at explaining so here is a video of someone else.. I usually use 2 forks instead of my hand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckRfgBXBrc


In a bowl mix the vegetables and chicken and add black pepper and salt.


Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl. They usually use 2 sheets of pastry for this recipe but I used one.. So if you want to use 2... than put the pastry and brush some of the milk and egg mixture and than put the second sheet on.. Cut sheets about 8 cm wide..

 and brush more milk and egg mixture

 Put about table spoon of  the filling (chicken & vegetables) near the corner and than roll left and right.. I find it very hard to explain how to do this... Brush milk and egg mixture at ends so it sticks and doesnt open... i didnt take pictures of it because I was making a mess .. You can make them like this lady it looks easy I wish I came across it before i done mine... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLujRT0OIk




Put the pastries on a lined tray and brush milk and egg mixture on top of pastries and add sprinkles of sesame seeds.

and cook until golden
and now kick back and enjoy with cuppa tea!!... You dont have to put the filling I put in this pastry.. Go crazy.. Its quit nice with spinach and feta as well mmmmmmmmmm
Try it and tell me what you guys thing xo

No comments:

Post a Comment